The "Tick Volume Chart" indicator for MetaTrader 4
Using this indicator, you can create graphs with a fixed volume of teak. Data sampling is carried out not by time but by the volume of teak. Each bar contains a given (fixed) tick volume. Tick volume can be adjusted by changing the value of the parameter "Volume". You can apply indicators, Expert Advisors and scripts to the tick chart. You get a fully functional tick chart on which you can work just as well as on a regular chart.
In operation, the indicator accumulates history, but you can reset (removal of accumulated history), it is useful in the formation of the graph with a different tick volume. To reset to delete a global variable having the name of the appropriate trading tools. There is a special window in terminal that manages global variables. It can be opened by execution of the "Tools — Global Variables" menu command or by pressing of F3.
The Tick Volume Chart indicator is not only history based, but also build online. At the same time the data is updated synchronously with the basic chart with no delays.
You can simultaneously create several charts.
• Size — tick volume.
• Chart — timeframe for a chart opened in a separate window. In case you are going to work with a single chart for the currency pair, the timeframe is irrelevant. Timeframe does not affect the calculations during the chart creation. This setup is created to open several charts for the same currency pair, but with different settings. In such case, different timeframes for each chart (for example, M2, M3, M4) should be set. You also need to set different timeframes when simultaneously running the Tick Volume Chart indicator and other tools that generate a synthetic chart on the same currency pair.
• File "i_Tick-Volume-Chart_v3" put in < data_folder >\MQL4\Indicators terminal MT4.
You can find the data folder (< data_folder >) for each copy of MetaTrader 4 terminal on your computer via the terminal menu or in MetaEditor: File — Open Data Folder.
• Open the "Navigator" window.
• Drag the indicator on the desired chart (any timeframe).
• Open the resulting chart by clicking the corresponding "Open Chart" button.